Salvation is given freely to anyone asking for it. Have you made Jesus your savior yet? In John 3:3 Jesus said “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." In order for anyone to be born again, he or she must believe that Jesus came into this world to save us from death, sin, and hell. He made the payment for our sins when He died on the cross 2000 years ago.
Consider the following...
1. Admit your spiritual need. We are all sinners- people don't always like that title. The one word that defines all sin is the Greek word "harmatia." It means "to miss the mark." What is God's mark? Jesus said in Matthew 5:48, "Be perfect as My Father in heaven is perfect." Unless a person is perfect, he has missed the mark; therefore, he is a sinner. Romans 3:23 states "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
2. Understand the result of sin. In Romans 6:23 we read "The wages of sin is death..." Every one of us has missed God's mark. Every one of us falls short of being perfect. We are getting only what we "deserve", and we are bringing judgment upon ourselves. One thing we need to remember is that God never sends anyone to hell. We send ourselves there by rejecting His truth.
3. Believe that Jesus is the one and only perfect payment for your sins. John 3:16, 17 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved."
In Romans 5:8 we read, "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
4. Receive Christ as your Savior. Only through repentance, can one receive the Savior. Either a person must reject God's solution and accept the consequences, or he must accept Jesus Christ as his Savior. What must a person do to accept this gift? Repent from your sins and accept the sacrifice Jesus provided for you! Matthew 11:28-30 states "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me... for My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
5. Enjoy eternal life. In Romans 6:23 we read "...the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." What do we have to do to receive that gift? Take it! Revelation 3:20 states "Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with me." Jesus stands at the door of your heart and knocks, seeking entrance into our lives. John 1:12 states "For as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become the children of God."
Do you believe?
Do not wait any longer. If you want to receive Jesus Christ and make Him your savior, simply give yourself to Him. Invite Him to take over your life. Give yourself to Jesus today and receive eternal salvation!